FREE SHIPPING within Contiguous U.S.
Item #: MD-11021 (10 in stock)
Ship Weight: 0.06 lb
Frequently Bought Together
This is an over the counter product - it does not require prescription.ULCERGARD™ (omeprazole) Oral Paste for Horses
For the prevention of gastric ulcers in horses
Once-a-Day Dosing with a well-accepted paste
Stomach ulcers can be painful, yet some horses show very few symptoms. Others will lose weight, have recurrent colic, intermittent loose stools, poor hair coat, poor body condition, changes in disposition and/or general poor performance. Once daily administration of ULCERGARD is recommended in horses exposed to stressful conditions or activities that may induce stomach ulcers in horses. Such conditions may include training, racing, showing, traveling, stall confinement, and competition. Gastric ulcers can develop in recreational horses within just five days.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Omeprazole. Cinnamon-flavored Paste
USES: For the prevention of gastric ulcers in horses.
DOSAGE: The minimum recommended dosage is 1 mg/kg per day (0.45 mg/lb) or 1/4 syringe. ULCERGARD has been shown to effectively prevent stomach ulcers in horses exposed to stressful conditions for a duration of 28 days.
WARNING: Not for use in humans. Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children. In case of ingestion by humans, contact a physician. Not for horses intended for human consumption.
INFORMATION FOR HORSE OWNERS:
.ULCERGARD is intended for use in healthy horses. If you notice any signs of illness prior to or during the use of this product, consult your veterinarian for appropriate diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
· ULCERGARD may be used in horses that weigh at least 600 lbs. The effectiveness of ULCERGARD in the prevention of gastric ulcers in foals and weanlings has not been evaluated.
· ULCERGARD may be used safely in breeding stallions. Safety in pregnant mares has not been determined.
· Once daily administration of ULCERGARD is recommended in horses exposed to stressful conditions which may include: training, racing, showing, traveling, stall confinement, and competition.
· ULCERGARD is intended for use only in the prevention of gastric ulcers in healthy horses. Clinical signs of gastric ulcers may include: decreased appetite, recurrent colic, intermittent loose stools or diarrhea, poor hair coat, poor body condition or poor performance. These signs may also be associated with other diseases as well as existing gastric ulcers. If your horse is exhibiting one or more of these signs, consult your veterinarian for diagnosis and treatment.
PREVENTS STOMACH ULCERS BY REDUCING ACID PRODUCTION
Stomach ulcers are more common in horses than once believed. Studies have demonstrated stomach ulcers in over 90% of racehorses and 60% of performance horses in various disciplines. Horses secrete acid in their stomach 24 hours a day. Horses on grass pasture or eating large quantities of roughage infrequently develop stomach ulcers. Horses without continual access to roughage or in rigorous training are at greater risk of stomach ulceration due to the effects of acid on the stomach lining. The additional stresses of traveling, competition, stall confinement, and strenuous exercise can also contribute to the development of stomach ulcers in horses.
ULCERGARD works to prevent stomach ulcers in horses. The active ingredient in ULCERGARD, omeprazole has been extensively tested for safety and effectiveness. It works by reducing the production of acid in the horse's stomach. To help horses maintain optimal gastric health, it is recommended that ULCERGARD be administered during stressful events or activities that may induce stomach ulcers. Such conditions may include: training, racing, showing, traveling, stall confinement, and competition.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Each syringe contains 4 individual daily doses for horses weighing 600-1200 lbs. Please refer to the following dosage chart for help in determining the correct dose for your horse.
ULCERGARD™ DOSAGE CHART
Less than 600 lbs
Consult a veterinarian
1 dose per day
over 1200 lbs
2 doses per day
1) To set the syringe plunger, unlock the knurled ring by rotating 1/4 turn and slide the knurled ring along the plunger shaft so that the side nearest the barrel is set at the appropriate daily dose marking. 2) Rotate 1/4 turn to lock ring before dosing. 3) Make sure horses mouth contains no feed before administration. 4) Remove syringe tip cover. 5) Insert syringe into the corner of the horses mouth. 6) Depress the plunger until it stops at the knurled ring.
· The entire dose should be deposited on the back of the tongue or deep in the cheek pouch.
· Horses should be observed briefly to assure no part of the dose is lost or rejected.
· If any of the dose is lost, re-dosing is recommended.
· Replace cap if any unused doses remain in the syringe.
STORAGE INFORMATION: Store below 86°F (30°C). Transient exposure to temperatures up to 104°F (40°C) is permitted.
Net Wt. 6.15 g (2.28 g of omeprazole)
216 Oral Syringes
1 Counter Display
Want Better Price?
Have you seen or would you like a better price on this item? We can beat this price
Questions & Answers
Be the first to ask a question about this.