Customer Also Viewed
CELOX Veterinary Granules
Stops Bleeding Fast
CELOX Veterinary Granules is a fast and effective first aid treatment for animals that are bleeding. When mixed with blood, CELOX forms a gel-like clot in just 30 seconds and stops arterial and venous hemorrhaging in less than 3 minutes.
CELOX acts independent of the body's normal clotting processes. CELOX contains highly absorbent chitosan granules that will form a robust gel plug covering and blocking the bleeding source. Indicated for the control of moderate to severe bleeding.
CELOX is effective in:
- Hemostasis following sharp debridement
- Field trauma
- Severe high pressure bleeding
- Mass removals
- Dental bleeds
- Clotting containing heparin
- Effective clots hypothermic blood (cold conditions)
CELOX products have been used on the battlefield on some of the worst wounds imaginable. Just pour, pack and apply pressure. CELOX is extremely effective, safe and easy to use. Unlike some other clotting agents, CELOX does not result from a thermal reaction. It will not burn the patient or caregiver.
- Tear open CELOX pack. Blot away any excess blood from the wound site.
- Quickly pour the granules onto the wound so that they cover the entire bleeding area and fill any wound void. CELOX should be applied directly to the bleeding area.
- Quickly cover with gauze and apply firm pressure for 1 to 5 minutes depending on the severity of the bleeding.
- Wrap with a bandage and tie securely to maintain pressure of the wound.
- Prior to further dressing/suturing, gently remove any excess CELOX. Use saline if required.
- Discard any unused CELOX granules.
Caution: For external use only. Do not resterilize.
Packaging: Sterile unless pouch is damaged or opened.